Sunday, October 16, 2016

Daily Reading: King of Pentacles + Beginner's Thoughts

I woke up feeling excited for another day to journey into the study of Tarot. It has been a process which has left me confused about my stance on the world as a whole. Am I spiritual now? A believer? Or do my thoughts tend to stay more scientifically-based? I am so unsure of everything right now. But there are a few certainties:

1. Tarot has been good for me thus far, and I feel like it will continue to be good for me. I have given myself a few different readings; two daily draws with simple one-card spreads, one weekly reading in the form of a three-card spread, and one reading which is similar except centered around my best friend and our relationship. Throughout these readings, a few lessons have become very clear to me:

- I need to spend more time focusing on positive energies and dispelling negative ones. I am too caught up in my head and anxiety is clouding my abilities for self-expression and self-love. I need to focus on finding moments of inner peace.

- I was recently in a period of deep self-doubt and pain, but I am past the worst part. In new endeavors (potentially such as Tarot), I will find creativity and prosperity.

- I need to focus on my friendships more. Rather than closing myself off from my friendship due to us growing in different directions, I can foster a friendship in which we learn from each other.

I must admit - I am hesitant to do readings based on my relationship. We are relatively happy and the relationship is lovely, but a bad draw could cause me undue stress which would only serve as a self-fulfilling prophecy. However, the more I draw, the more I begin to realize that the cards are ultimately what you make of them. Even if I were to draw seemingly bad cards, that could only be speaking to a problem which, once I make an effort to solve, will help to strengthen my relationship. I may try this later today and see what happens.

2. I missed academic study. I recently left school due to mental health problems, and being unproductive has felt like a horrible spiral that I can't quite break. But ever since I began studying Tarot, I finally feel almost at home. Keeping my brain active in two different ways - both the logical and the creative - has been a necessary step forward towards health.

3. Tarot, and as I am starting to explore, other "mystical" things make me happy. I recently decided that I want to get into crystals, and I will definitely be buying an incense burner for some aromatherapy and smudging to cleanse my home and soul soon. I feel happier and healthier by the day, and if this keeps up, I will be a devout Wiccan in no time! (Maybe not, but honestly, everything feels like it's on an upward slope for the first time in months!)

***

My daily draw gave me the King of Pentacles. A few thoughts jumped to my head immediately - first, that I have been drawing pentacles left and right. In my first daily draw, I got the page. In the spread about my friendship, I got the eight and the seven right after the other. Clearly, my energies are hyper-focused on success and material. This makes sense, as I have spent the past few months worrying endlessly about finding a job or figuring out a path back to school or both.

Another strange observance: the Tarot has been wildly accurate as well as complimentary. I haven't gotten contradicting reads. It all adds up to a few points to remember: find peace, stop worrying, move forward.

The King of Pentacles is a sign of hard work turning into success. He is the master of his craft, and he has grown wise from his time working with himself and within the world. Clearly, I am not the King of Pentacles. My journey in Tarot is new and fresh, so I must read this card as advice to seek out community and elders who can inspire and educate me along the way. This is compounded by the fact that I was already beginning my search this morning before my draw.

I have since joined a few Facebook groups and have gotten second-opinion readings on my personal three-card spread. They seem to be complimentary of my reading skills, which is a fantastic thing to hear for someone who was so unsure of her talents and intimidated by those who have so much more pronounced gifts than myself.

I am led to believe by the Tarot that in my search for wisdom from those well-seasoned Tarot readers, I will find success and reward for the hard work I will put into this craft.

Until next time!
- Erebella

No comments:

Post a Comment